Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 13: All about Kaia






First of all, I think the relationship between Mr. Jabiz and his daughter Kaia is very sweet. He seems like a great father and wants the best for his child. He was helping her with her photography project and introducing her to the technology world. She is only three years old and I think that it is amazing that she is learning and experiencing news thing at such a young age. This taught me that kids can learn anything at a young age. You know, I just remember something. I remember seeing a commercial sometime on TV showing a 6-months baby already learning how to read. I remember thinking it would be impossible. But as I continue to watch, they showed a particular program (I cannot remember the name of it) that parents can get to start teaching their babies words whenever they feel ready to do so. So I suppose if a 6-months-old baby can start reading, then I would be guessing that by the time this baby turns 2- or 3-years old would have a lot of experience in technology.
Secondly, Mr. Jabiz made a comment in his Singing Hearts Blog post about being a little bit afraid of exposing his daughter's connection online all over the world. I can understand the feelings he was going through because there is always that risk of internet predators. But now I am learning is that we do not have to be afraid to use technology to connect with the world because there is some protection. We all just have to be more careful. If we let something like internet predators stop us from online connection, then how can we be improve our technological education?
Finally, Mr. Jabiz asked this question: Is the risk of exposing ourselves and our children online worth the connections that will be made and the lessons that will be learned? Here is my thought to this question: I would say yes because there are a lot of opportunities out in the world through technology. It may take awhile to get where you want to go, but technology can help. Connecting to the world can help us learn the things we need to know to get through life.
So what is your answer to this question?

3 comments:

  1. Tiffany,

    I completely agree that we should take the risk of exposing ourselves online. While we do have to take precautions, the connections that we can make are endless. We will be able to experience different cultures virtually and grow so much as people. I can't wait to connect with more and more people. I have loved communicating with the children and teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tiffany, this is Brooke. I completely agree. This was my favorite post that we have had to do so far. Kaia is a lucky child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I don't think it is much of a risk for our children to be online. I suspect it is more dangerous to send your child off to school than it is to allow their pictures to be put online.

    Mr.C

    ReplyDelete