Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My First Experience with Skype Use

This past weekend, I have finally experience Skyping with a deaf friend. I was able to see him through video and hear some of his feedback (if he uses his voice). I only wish I could have recorded it, but the version I downloaded only allow limited features, including two video calls. I guess you have to pay for such services. Anyway, this friend of mine do not use skype anymore because he thinks ooVoo is better, which is similar to skype. However, I was able to encourage him to do one skype session and he agreed. Basically, we just talked about some of the stuff I have been doing in class. Not only did we talk about school, but he recently got married, so we talked about how his marriage life was going. His name is Heath and he is married to my very best friend, Holly. They are both deaf and I have to use sign language to talk to them. I do not have to sign too much to Holly because she is really good at reading lips. Heath, on the other hand, can barely read lips. I also have to keep telling Heath on Skype to slow down with his sign language because I could not catch what he was saying. He has a habit of signing 90 miles per hour, knowing that I cannot read his sign language that fast. Sometime I wonder if he is doing it on purpose because I tends to look at him funny when he starts to sign fast. Anyway, it was cool to be able to talk to him through Skype, using sign language.

No comments:

Post a Comment