Friday, March 12, 2010

Week 9 Blog

ALEX AND ACCESS

ALEX stands for Alabama Learning Exchange program. It is designed to help teachers plan their lesson on a particular material. It has the course of study, lesson plans, web links, and anything else that could help the teacher teach his or her class. ACCESS stands for Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators, and Students Statewide. "The purpose is to continue the work of the Governor’s Task Force on Distance Learning. The central vision of the Alabama Distance Education Plan Task Force is to provide equal access to high quality instruction to improve student achievement through distance learning opportunities." http://accessdl.state.al.us/aboutaccess/

Both of these programs are designed to provide a better education for students and to help the teachers do their job as educators. It also allow parents to know what is going on with school. They also enrolled more students and the students were interested in these program.

I will definitely use both of these programs to help me teach to my students. It is better to have other ideas from other sources along with my own to present the materials more clearly. They are also easy and simple to use.

1 comment:

  1. I think both of these programs are awesome. I am going to use them too! I love that I can find countless numbers of lesson plans to help me in my classroom. I love that we have all these useful resources at our fingertips! :)

    ReplyDelete